In this article we’ll talk about aesthetic procedures!
Botox and fillers are now well known by everyone….some adore them and understand their benefits while others just refuse to go through any discussion about them.
Both opinions are based on personal experiences or refusal of others look, but usually don’t know that BOTOX can be used for treatment of many problems we suffer from
First lets know what is BOTOX?
BOTOX consists of 7 types of neurotoxins; however, only toxins A and B are used clinically.
BOTOX “A” is used for several disorders in the field of medicine, particularly in dermatology, for cosmetic purposes. It is produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum.
What are the uses of BOTOX?
These are some of the conditions that BOTOX can have a role in:
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles in the upper areas of the face (forehead), frown lines, crows feet, bunny lines (fine lines in the nose) thus minimizing its width or below the tip of the nose for elevating the tip of the nose, elevate the eyebrows.
- Treatment of gummy smile or smoking lines above the lip, also correcting the sad smile.
- Smoothing out neck and chest/cleavage wrinkles.
- Treat hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) as in the underarms and hands.
- Treatment of lichen simplex, pompholyx (dyshidrotic eczema) and acne vulgaris.
- Treatment of vaginismus to relax the vaginal muscle.
How does BOTOX work?
After the injection, BOTOX diffuses into the tissue and binds selectively and reversibly to specific targets and inhibit release of certain substance which cause relaxation of local muscles that is reversible, for example; reducing facial wrinkles or lines which are caused by muscle contraction.
What to expect after injection?
The clinical effects of BOTOX are seen on the 4th-7th days after injection, followed by 1–4 weeks of maximum effect, which will resolve after 3–4 months.
The duration of BOTOX varies among individuals due to differences in muscle arrangements, meaning that different individuals may require different doses of BOTOX in the first session and in the retouch session which is done after 7 days of the first session.
Is BOTOX safe?
The question which really concern most of the people!
BOTOX is a drug with a broad margin of safety. Therefore, its use in cosmetics is relatively safe.
BOTOX “A” does not cause persistent changes at the nerve terminals and targeted muscles. In general, it does not cause any long-term adverse or side effects in the field of dermatology.
Hopefully this article is simple and help you more to get into the aesthetic world safely.